Evolv Ventures is looking to hire an Associate to join our team in Chicago.
The Associate position at Evolv is a high-profile role with great growth potential. We are an ambitious and thoughtful team with a very flat structure, and exposure to some of the best operators and investors in the industry.
Evolv Ventures is a single LP $100m fund, backed by KraftHeinz, the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. We make early-stage investments in everything from food tech to industrial technologies to new consumer models changing the way consumers engage with food products and retail.
The team is already comprised of venture and food tech veterans and is looking for an Associate to grow and build the fund. This is a true startup opportunity to be a part of a young and hungry team and to work on transformative investments for a fund that has profound advantages in a highly competitive venture market.
Evolv leverages the power of one of the largest CPG companies in the space to identify and support great investments, while also having the autonomy and financial structure to be competitive and align our incentives with great founders. Compensation is competitive, and includes base, bonus and carried interest.
- Market Research / Deal Sourcing / Deal Diligence -- help identify and diligence investment opportunities in new and growing markets, including engaging with entrepreneurs and subject matter experts
- Deal Execution and Support – help execute new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.) and help run deal support (quantitative analysis, legal documentation, etc.)
- Portfolio Support -- help portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis, working to build community amongst companies, and attend board meetings, as well as lead portfolio reporting and analyses
- Financial Diligence, Modeling and Team Support – Associate will be responsible to develop financial models, investment committee materials and general fund support
- Strategic Internal Engagement – Work closely with functional leaders and C-suite execs across the KraftHeinz organization to unearth opportunities and spark innovation in alignment with corporate goals and strategic initiatives
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 3-5 years of experience with rigorous financial, market and strategic analysis, preferably as an analyst or associate who has completed a robust training program at a top tier investment bank or management consulting firm.
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills for deal analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence tailored to interacting with entrepreneurs, partners and corporate leaders
- Strong financial modeling and slide presentation preparation abilities
- Deep sense of ownership over one’s work and results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and with limited management and oversight
- Passion for technology and 100% all in on venture capital
If you are interested in applying – please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and, if relevant, a list of deals you have worked on and/or sourced.